On-Chip Trace Support for MPC57XX/SPC57XX Trace-to-Memory Feature
Many members of the Freescale Qorivva MPC57XX and STM SPC57X processor family offer a new
feature called trace-to-memory. When enabled, the NEXUS messages are stored into a dedicated
on-chip trace memory instead of being exported to an external (Aurora or parallel NEXUS) trace port.
You can make use of this feature by adding this extension license to your new or existing debug cable.
The trace message buffer is read at high speed via the JTAG/Once interface.
All trace features supported by the core and the additional NEXUS trace clients are supported
the same way as they are with Lauterbach's Aurora or parallel NEXUS trace tools.
TRACE32 offers a comprehensive trace display and analysis.
TRACE32 offers full access to all NEXUS settings.
- BTM, HTM, DTM, OTM, WTM, DQM, PTCM: Selection of Trace method(s).
- TimeStamps: Enable NEXUS client generated timestamps.
- PODT, PTMARK, DTMARK: Special core trace options.
- STALL: Stall cores to prevent overflow of on-chip NEXUS message FIFO.
- Spen<message>: Enable suppression of certain trace messages depending on NEXUS message FIFO fill level.
- CLIENT1/2: Enable and configure additional trace clients, e.g. DMA, FlexRay, SRAM port sniffer.
The basic filter and trigger features are easy to use.
- TraceEnable: Sample only the specified event.
- TraceData: Sample the complete program flow and the specified data event.
- TraceON: Switch the sampling to the trace buffer on after the specified event occurred.
- TraceOFF: Switch the sampling to the trace buffer off after the specified event occurred.
Profiling and Code Coverage
- Detailed analysis of function run-times
- Detailed analysis of task run-times and state
- Graphical analysis of variable values over the time
- Analysis of the time interval of a single event (e.g. Interrupt)
- Analysis of the time interval between 2 defined events
- Real-time, non-intrusive display of RTOS system resources
- Task stack coverage
- Task related breakpoints
- Task context display
- SMP support
- Task related performance measurement
- Statistic evaluation and graphic display of task run times
- Task related evaluation of function run times
- PRACTICE functions for OS data
- Easy access via RTOS specific pull-down menus
- Support for all major RTOSes
- Provides all metrics for functional safety
- For standard trace protocols TRACE32 Code Coverage gets by with no or very little instrumentation, full instrumentation as fallback
- Suitable for long-term testing
- Automated report generation in multiple exchange formats
- TRACE32 Trace-Based Code Coverage is included in the scope of delivery of all TRACE32 Debug & Trace Tools at no additional cost
- Extensive C++ Support
- Flash Programming
- Sophisticated Cache Debugging
- Full Support for MMU and MPU
- Many RTOS supported
- AUTOSAR-aware debugging
- Support for VLE (Variable Length Encoding)
- eTPU, GTM and SPT debuggers included
Details and Configurations