The heart of the TRACE32-ICD Development System is the Ethernet Controller.
It is the link between the target system and the host and therefore its performance
determines the overall performance of the combined development system.
The use of a 32 bit CPU and a large directly addressable memory allows the use of a fast,
memory oriented software structure, which is essential for high-performance systems development.
This shift of emphasis from the host to the TRACE32 results in a considerable improvement in overall
system performance and also significantly reduces host system dependency.
By the fast interface to the host, download speeds between 50 to 500 Kbyte/sec are typical
- PowerPC with 50 or 80 MHz
- Maximum 64 MByte DRAM or 128 MByte SDRAM
- External connector type switching power supply
- Direct Connection to Printer Port on MS-DOS Computers, no Interface Card needed
- Recommended for LAPTOPs and 8 Bit Applications
- About 100 Kbyte/s download speed
- LPT1: or LPT2: selectable
- 10 or 100 MHz Ethernet
- Ethernet interface with 10BaseT connector
- Supports UDP, ICMP, ARP and RARP protocols
- 8..128 MByte Memory Extension