Full Debug Support for Armv9
Lauterbach announces full debug and trace support for the Arm®v9 architecture.
The Armv9 architecture is the successor to Armv8, which introduced 64-bit computing to the Arm platform. Armv9 will deliver greater performance, enhanced security and digital signal processing (DSP) and machine learning (ML) capabilities for the next generation of Arm-based chips.
Says Norbert Weiss, Managing Directory Lauterbach GmbH, "Lauterbach have always worked very closely with Arm and this relationship has allowed us to consistently provide high quality tools, often before the first silicon is available. By adding support for the upcoming Armv9 architecture, Lauterbach is re-affirming their commitment to ongoing support for all Arm cores."
The Armv9 support is now available and will also be available to existing Armv8 customers. Thereby, Lauterbach customers don´t need to buy any new hardware or software products, as the existing Armv8 license now also covers Armv9.
All highlights of the Armv9-A Debugger are listed below:
- Support for CoreSight
- Support for 64-bit instruction set and 32-bit instruction sets Arm and THUMB
- 32-bit and 64-bit peripherals displayed on logical level
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit MMU formats
- Auto-adaption of all display windows to AArch32/AArch64 mode
- Virtualization support
- Bare metal and OS-aware debugging
- Multicore debugging
- Seamless debugging of big.LITTLE systems based on Armv9
- AMP debugging with DSPs, GPUs and other accelerator cores
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit semi-hosting
- Other TRACE32 tools for Armv9: Debugging of Virtual Targets, On-chip trace support, Off-chip trace tools