Adaption for NEXUS on MICTOR 38 / GLENAIR 51 / SAMTEC 50 / SAMTEC 20
Trace connectors for MPC55XX/56XX
General Signal recommendation and information
- TDI, TDO, TCK, TMS and JCOMP should be connected directly to the CPU. Don't connect serial resistors or RC combinations to the lines.
- Avoid routing the JTAG signals close to the NEXUS signals.
- VTREF can be connected directly to target VDD, or optional with a serial resistor with 1kOhm or less
- Input impedance on VTREF:
- LA-7630: >30 kOhm
- LA-7610: >20 kOhm
- When the debugger is inactive (SYStem.Mode.DOWN and NoDebug), all output pins are tri-stated (hot-plug capability)
- During the debug session: TDI, TCK, TMS and JCOMP- are driven to both low and high levels. The voltage level of a pin driven to high is the same voltage level as connected to VDD target (pin 11).
- RSTIN is an open-drain output. RSTIN and RSTOUT support a voltage level of max 5V, independent of VDD target.
- All input output signals of the preprocessor have a 10 Ohm serial termination. Usually no further termination is needed on the target hardware.
- The RDY- signal is optional.
If the signal is not available, or can not be connected because of other reasons, the RDY- pin on the debug connector should be connected to GND.
If the RDY- signal on the debug connector is not connected, set SYStem.Option.NOJTAGRDY ON.
- If the signal JCOMP is not available on the used processor/package type, leave the JCOMP pin on the debug connector unconnected.
- Signal CLKOUT is not used by the debugger. It is recommended to leave the pin unconnected or CLKOUT must be buffered at the target if other tools need this signal!
Trace connectors for MPC55XX/56XX|
Connector Mictor 38-pin (Debug + Trace signals)
| || || || |
| || || || |
|Connect Pin 39,40,41,42 and 43 to GND|
Signal recommendations for Mictor 38-pin
- For processors with 16 MDO signals, connect MDO[12..15] to mictor pins 1-4 (not defined in the NEXUS standard). 16 bit MDO is only supported by NEXUS AutoFocus probes (LA-7630).
For other probes (LA-7610, LA-7611), leave MDO[12..15] unconnected (MDO 16 bit mode not supported in this case).
- Signal TDET/WDTC (pin 27, TOOLIO2) is used to detect another development tool connected to the debug port (ETK, GSI). In order to let the debugger automatically detect the development tool, connect this signal with 10K to GND on the target.
- Signal TDET/WDTC can also be used to disable a watchdog on the target. Enable this signal using TrOnchip.TOOLIO2. Also in this case, connect this signal with 10K to GND on the target.
- Pins 29 and 35 are reserved for inter-tool communication and should be left open on the target, if the debugger is the only tool connected to the target.
- If the trigger signals EVTI and EVTO are disabled (TrOnchip.EVTEN OFF) and the pins are used for other functions, do not connect these signals to the trace connector.
- If available, connect RSTOUT to pin 25. The debugger can use this signal to detect target resets.
When connected, set SYStem.Option.RSTOUT ON.
Target Connector description and layout
AMP part numbers for suitable receptacles (for target)
AMP 2-5767004-2 RoHS compliant
AMP 767054-1 (suggested by Motorola)
AMP 767044-1 : Board-to-Board Type: Coplanar