Target Adaption Samtec40 HSTP+JTAG14/OnCE+AUTO26 to Samtec22 for MPC5XXX/SPC5XXX
|LA-3872||Conv. Sam40 HSTP+AUTO26+JTAG14 to Samtec22|| |
Target Connector Type
Target Connector Placement
- The adaption to the target is a 22 pin Samtec connector.
- We recommend to place the even numbered pins at the PCB border side:
- The aurora signals (on the odd numbered side) can be easily routed to the processor
- The flex cable between Aurora preprocessor and target will not be twisted.
| || || || |
| || || || |
|Target connector, top-view, connect the two latch pins to GND|
There are two alternatives for connecting the debug signals:
- The target connects both trace and debug signals to the Samtec connector. As the adapter includes both 26-pin header (for the AUTO26 debug cable) and a 14-pin OnCE Header (standard pinout fpr MPC5XXX), it can be used for debugging/tracing as well as for JTAG-only debugging.
- The target has separate connectors for tracing (Samtec22) and debugging (14 or 26-pin header).
The debug signals are:
- JTAG-VTREF, TCK, TMS, JCOMP-, TDI, TDO, RSTIN-.
Optional signals (supported through the AUTO26 debug cable):
- RSTOUT-, RDY- and WDIS (signal to disable processor external watchdogs)
- EVT- (pin 20) can be configured by jumper to either connect to EVTI- or EVTO- of LA-3736 (AUTO26). If the adapter is used with LA-7753 (JTAG14/OnCE), EVT- is N/C.
Compatible Debug Cables
The following debug cables are compatible with this adapter: