Target Adaption Conv. Samtec40 PPC-QorIQ HSTP to Samtec22 PowerOrg
|LA-3832||Conv. Samtec40 HSSTP to Samtec22 PowerOrg|| |
Target Connector Type
Target Connector Placement
- The adaption to the target is a 22 pin Samtec connector (Power.ORG pinout).
- We recommend to place the even numbered pins at the PCB border side:
- The aurora signals (on the odd numbered side) can be easily routed to the processor
- The flex cable between Aurora preprocessor and target will not be twisted.
Pinout (Power.org HST-S22 compatible)
| || || || |
| || || || |
|Target connector, top-view, connect the two latch pins to GND|
- Connect the two latch pins to GND.
- Signals in brackets are reserved for future use.
There are three alternatives for connecting the debug signals:
- The target connects both trace and debug signals to the Samtec connector. As the adapter includes a 16-pin COP header for the debug cable, it can be used for debugging/tracing as well as for JTAG-only debugging.
- The target has separate connectors for tracing (Samtec22) and debugging (16-pin COP header).
- The target has separate connectors for tracing and debugging, but the debug signals are connected to both connectors. This solution is often found on evaluation boards because of it's flexibility, but in terms of JTAG signal integrity it is not recommended.
The debug signals are:
- JTAG-VREF, TCK, TMS, TRST-, TDI, TDO, RESET-.
Compatible Debug Cables
The following debug cables are compatible with this adapter:
- LA-3794: JTAG debugger for QorIQ 64-bit
- LA-3795: JTAG debugger for QorIQ 32-bit
- LA-7764: JTAG debugger for MPC85XX (production discontinued)
- All debug cables suitable for a LA-3794X or LA-3795X license extension